Black Dollar Action Plan
How can you be intentional?
Look at your weekly spending habits and find a space to supplement a Black-owned business or service
- Experiment with gradual changes, so they're sustainable and realistic to your expenses and lifestyle
Pay the price of chosen item/service - Do not try to haggle or devalue
- If you can, offer to pay a dollar or two more when using a credit card, as fees can be exorbitant
If item/service is up to your standards, please be intentionally vocal about it on your social media and within your circles
- Word of mouth is powerful!
If item/service is not up to your standards, take this opportunity to express yourself constructively to the owner or manager and allow them a chance to amend the situation
- Under no circumstance is it ok to denigrate on social platforms
What About Business Owners?
Black business owners must take a portion of earnings and reinvest in Black business and services, following the guidelines above
- If this does not happen, the cycle is broken
Black business owners MUST compete and show up in excellence each and every time.
- Customers cannot be expected to patronize business offering lower quality experiences