The mission of Black Dollar is to amplify the visibility of Black businesses and services and ultimately increase the circulation of the dollar in the Black community from 6 hours to 7 days.
All to often we hear or are guilty of repeating "that's what happens when you go to Black businesses" or " you know they never..." or "that's why I never hire Black (insert industry professional here) because..."
Actions have to be intentional and focused in order to make this a reality. This initiative is a 7 pillar process that will be rolled out in strategic phases.
The second pillar we are focusing on is Small Business Strategy. We have designed careful and strategic customer experience programs to compliment your industry. Customer retention is paramount to business and bad word of mouth will slowly drain your business life dry. With over 20 years in the service industry with high end clientele and demands, those strategies, learned tricks and tips are made available to small Black businesses.
The first pillar we introduced was music, imagery and merchandise. Understanding the power and influence music and film possesses, we introduced a single featuring some high caliber artists. The debut single and video "Soul Intact" featuring Grammy nominated Cyrus DeShield is already making an impact and permeating the ecosystem.
What can you do?
The action plan of Black Dollar (business owners and community) is:
- Look at your week spending habits and consumerism and find a space to supplement a Black owned business or service
( Try it and see how that goes as its a supposed to be gradual so its sustainable and realistic to your expenses and lifestyle)
- Be sure to pay the value of said item/service and do not try to haggle or devalue. Also, try to offer to pay a dollar or two more if using a credit card as fees can be exorbitant
- If said service or item is up to your standards, please be intentionally vocal about it on your social media platforms and word of mouth in your circles
(If it is not up to your service standard, take an opportunity to express constructively to the owner or manager to allow them to amend. Under no circumstance is it ok to denigrate on social platforms)
- Black business owners must take a portion community earnings and repeat said cycle and reinvest in Black business and services
(If this doesn't happen the cycle is broken and not effective to achieving the 7 day goal)
- Black business owners MUST compete and show up in excellence each and every time. It cannot be expected to be understood if quality is less than. This is where our Small Business Strategy is of benefit to you.
Intentionality is the only option